New go-anywhere combo offers powerful safety and efficiency
A POWERFUL, efficient and safe cordless pump-and- puller combination is being offered by Enerpac for speedy removal of bearings, bushings, gears, sleeves, wheels, flywheels, sprockets and other shaft-mounted items. The highly portable combination incorporates Enerpac SG hydraulic pullers in capacities up to 45 tons, actuated by go-anywhere XC cordless pumps that offer the performance capabilities of an electric or pneumatic powered pump with the convenient portability of a hand pump, promises the company.
The Sync Grip Pullers feature synchronised movement of their locking jaws for simultaneous engagement and optimised safety, enabling one person to do jobs that often previously took two people, says Darryl Lange, Enerpac National Sales Manager.
Their versatility is ‘ideally complemented’ by XC-Series cordless pumps, which are designed to satisfy the need for a long-lasting pump that can be used in hard-to-access areas. XC cordless pumps are constructed of lightweight materials, equipped with a powerful, one-half horsepower motor and feature 28-volt, Lithium- Ion battery technology. Enerpac’s XC-Series promotes operator safety by removing trip hazards associated with traditional powered pumps.
“The XC/SG combination is ideal for a wide variety of common maintenance tasks either off-site or in workshops where operations staff appreciate the power and precision of safety-first hydraulics that are easy and convenient to apply to sometimes less accessible and potentially jobs,” says Lange.
Enerpac says the safety, convenience and efficiency features of the XC/SG combination include:
• XC-Series cordless pumps deliver oil flow of 2.05 litres (125 cubic inches) per minute at its lowpressure setting and .25 litres (15 cubic inches) per minute when operating at full pressure, up to 700 bar (10,000 psi). Additionally, the lithium-ion technology ensures XC-Series pumps provide end users with the battery runtime necessary to accommodate demanding applications.
• XC Safety features include overload protection circuitry, which safeguards both the pump and the operator from excessive amp draw or temperatures. They also feature a trigger lock- off mechanism that protects against unintended operation during transport.
• MPS-Series SG hydraulic pullers reduce operator fatigue by offering hydraulically applied pulling force through a detachable hydraulic cylinder, to increase pulling capacity up to 45 tons (for loads up to 20 tonnes, SGM-Series mechanical pullers provide an economical and efficient option).
• SG pullers’ smooth, simple and safe operation means that, instead of impact hazards created by removal methods using hammers and levers – with risks to both the workpiece and maintenance personnel – Sync Grip Pullers draw parts smoothly and precisely without the need for heating or prying.
• Maximum reach, hydraulic pullers, 320-700mm, spread range 350-980mm.Three jaw configuration for even load distribution, with two-jaw configuration available in mechanical pullers for confined access situations. High-strength forged jaws for superior reliability.
• A safety and workplace benefit is that SG pullers will even grip on surfaces where normal pullers would slip off – for example, on tapered bearings. Being able to facilitate simultaneous engagement of each jaw adds an additional level of safety and reliability to a very common industrial process Sync Grip Pullers are the latest evolution of Enerpac’s advanced puller technology, while XC pumps are part of Enerpac’s extensive hydraulic pump ranges with reliability and service backing throughout New Zealand, Australia and PNG.
Applications of the XC/SG combination include maintenance of fixed and mobile machinery and plant as well as heavy vehicles and rolling stock in industries such as the automotive, construction, civil, mechanical, production and process engineering, manufacturing and metal working, mining and energy, oil and gas, materials handling, primary production, road, rail and tracked vehicle transport, water and waste water industries.