Eastern Courier - - YOUR PAPER, YOUR PLACE -

The Earth­quake Com­mis­sion (EQC) is ad­vis­ing home­own­ers whose prop­er­ties suf­fered dam­age from land­slips or flood­ing dur­ing the re­cent storms that they have three months to lodge a claim. ‘‘The pri­or­ity for res­i­dents is to look af­ter them­selves, their fam­i­lies, and take stock of what has hap­pened to their prop­er­ties,’’ cus­tomer and claims gen­eral man­ager Tr­ish Keith says. ‘‘If your prop­erty has suf­fered land­slip or flood dam­age, and you have home or con­tents fire in­sur­ance, then you can make a claim with EQC within three months of when the event oc­curred.’’ She says EQC cov­ers only dam­age to res­i­den­tial land within cer­tain lim­its that has been caused by storms and floods. How­ever, EQC also cov­ers dam­age to home, con­tents, and land within cer­tain lim­its for nat­u­ral land­slip dam­age. Claims can be lodged on­line at www.eqc.govt.nz; via email to info@eqc.govt.nz, or by free call­ing 0800 326 243.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.