You could get help for a warm dry home this win­ter

Element - - Focus -

This is a gov­ern­ment pro­gramme that re­ally puts its money where its poli­cies are. Re­gard­less of your in­come, if your house was built be­fore 2000 you are el­i­gi­ble for En­er­gy­wise fund­ing to in­stall in­su­la­tion and/or ef­fi­cient heat­ing. You can get up to $1,300 (or 33%) to­wards the cost of ceil­ing and un­der­floor in­su­la­tion, ris­ing to 60% if you have a Com­mu­nity Ser­vices Card. And af­ter re­ceiv­ing your in­su­la­tion fund­ing you may be able to pay off the bal­ance through your rates or mort­gage from as lit­tle as $7 a week. Also, if your house was built be­fore 2000 you can get $500 to­wards the cost of installing an ef­fi­cient heater like a heat pump or wood burner in your main liv­ing area. If you have a Com­mu­nity Ser­vices Card, you can get up to $1,200. To qual­ify for fund­ing for heat­ing, you must have in­su­la­tion that is at least 120mm thick in your ceil­ing and 50mm thick un­der the floor. A ser­vice provider will as­sess your in­su­la­tion be­fore installing an ef­fi­cient heater. To find out more and get a free noobli­ga­tion quote from three lo­cal sup­pli­ers at the touch of a but­ton, go to:


Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.