RAISING THE BARRE
FOR ESTÉE LAUDER
Ballet-inspired knitwear will keep you en pointe
LIGHTER SHADES OF PALE Standard Issue jumper, $372. Staple + Cloth skirt, $289. Ballet shoes (worn throughout), stylist’s own.
OPPOSITE Perriam jumper, $469. Witchery cardigan, $259.90. Kowtow pants, $99.
CAMBRÉ Ruby jumper, $299. Georgia Bretnall (AUT Rookie) skirt, $850. OPPOSITE Harrie (left) wears Ruby dress, $289. Arielle Mermin jumper, $320. Imogen
wears Ruby dress, $264. Standard Issue
ROMANTIC INTERLUDE Stella McCartney bra, $99.95. Maurie & Eve dress, $190. Witchery
jumper, $169.90. Standard Issue scarf, $156. Karen Walker star ring, $1349, and
SOFT TOUCH Stella McCartney bra, $99.95. Miss Crabb
dress, $490. Marle cardigan, $350. Simon
De Winter socks, $19.99, from Farmers. OPPOSITE Topshop Unique T-shirt, $65. Julian Danger dress,
$380. Customised socks as arm warmers
BARRE WORK Zambesi jumper, $425. Simon De Winter socks, $19.99, from Farmers. OPPOSITE Stella McCartney bodysuit, $129.95. Moochi jumper, $299.99.
With thanks to Wellesley Studios, Auckland (wellesleystudios.co.nz).
GET THE MAKEUP LOOK
1. Prep skin with Revitalizing Supreme Light Crème.
2. Starting from the centre of the face working outwards, apply Double Wear Liquid Makeup to Go with light feathery strokes.
3. Tap to blend Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Brightening Serum + Concealer around the eye area.
4. To create an ethereal eye, apply Pure Color Envy Sculpting Eyeshadow Palette in new Savage Storm (Limited Edition) using colours one and three.
5. Define the eye with Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eyeliner in Coffee and the new Double Wear Infinite Waterproof Eyeliner in Espresso.
6. Brush the brow hair upwards with a spooly brush and fill where necessary with Brow Now Brow Defining Pencil in Light Brunette to shape and sculpt the brow.
7. Using an angled brush, complete brows by applying powder colour with Brow Now Brow Kit in Blonde (available June).
8. Flush cheeks with new Pure Color Envy Blush Stick in Rose. Complete cheeks with Pure Color Envy Blush in Lovers Blush.
9. Highlight the cupid’s bow using Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eyeliner in Pearl and blend out. Keep lips simple with a slick of Pure Color Envy Gloss in Reckless Bloom.
10. Complete the look with a dusting of Perfecting Loose Finishing Powder in Light.
Estée Lauder’s director of global makeup design,
Victor Henao, worked his magic on our gorgeous models, creating luminous beauty perfect for any occasion. Here he explains how to recreate the look from our shoot at home.