Veg-packed beef nachos
800g lean beef mince
420g can chilli beans
500g tomato-based pasta sauce ½ eggplant, finely diced
5 button mushrooms, diced 1 courgette, finely diced
Salt and pepper
Grated cheese (mozzarella is awesome)
2 ripe avocados
2 tbsp sour cream A squeeze of lemon juice Salt and pepper
¼ cup Italian parsley 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Place mince in a fry pan with olive oil. 2. Add beans and pasta sauce and stir. Simmer on medium heat until the mince is completely cooked.
3. Mix eggplant, mushrooms and courgette through beef mixture and cook for another couple of minutes.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. Layer corn chips in the bottom of a large tray. 5. Scoop nacho mixture over corn chips and sprinkle over cheese. Place in the oven for 10 minutes until cheese melts and chips are slightly brown. ( They can burn super-fast so watch them closely!)
6. For the salsa chop cucumber and tomatoes into small pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Roughly chop parsley and add to bowl with balsamic vinegar. Mix well. For the guacamole, blend all ingredients together in a kitchen whizz, or mix by hand in a small bowl.
7. Divide among plates. Add a heaped tablespoon of guacamole and salsa to each dish.