Dill baked salmon with cumin roast vegetable and sauerkraut salad
CUMIN ROAST VEGETABLE AND SAUERKRAUT SALAD
½ head broccoli, cut into small florets
and stalk diced 1cm
¼ head cauliflower, cut into small
florets and stalk diced 1cm
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
¼ tsp salt
½ clove garlic, minced
1 tsp finely grated ginger
1½ tsp cumin mix (see recipe right) ½ tsp oil, for cooking (or use
120g baby silverbeet or
50g sauerkraut (we suggest Living
Goodness Sassy Sauerkraut)
Zest and juice of ¼ orange
250g skinless salmon fillet
1½ tsp dill leaves
Juice of ¼ orange (reserve zest first) 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1-2 sprigs dill (optional)
1 tsp whole cumin seeds ½ tsp ground cumin ½ tsp ground turmeric
PREHEAT oven to 230°C. Line two oven trays (with lips) with baking paper.
1. Toss broccoli, cauliflower, onion, salt, garlic, ginger, cumin mix and oil together on first prepared tray. Season with pepper and roast for 18-20 minutes, until cooked through. Toss once during cooking.
2. While vegetables are roasting, pat salmon dry with paper towels and remove any remaining pin bones.
Cut lengthways into 2 pieces, place on prepared tray and season with salt and pepper. Finely chop dill and combine in a small bowl with orange juice (reserve zest first and set aside) and mustard and mix well.
3. Evenly spread dill mixture over salmon pieces. When vegetables have about 8 minutes cook time remaining, bake salmon (on upper oven rack) for 5-8 minutes (for medium-rare), or until cooked to your liking.
4. Thinly slice baby silverbeet/spinach and place in a medium-sized bowl along with sauerkraut.
5. Toss cooked vegetables in bowl with silverbeet/spinach, sauerkraut and orange zest and juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TO SERVE, spoon cumin roast vegetable and sauerkraut salad onto plates. Flake pieces of dill-baked salmon over top. Garnish with dill. SERVES 2