Paeroa and District Historical Society museum history
The regal building was built in 1940 by the Paeroa Borough Council as a centennial memorial library.
Local pioneer Alfred Fieldon Thorpe formed a group to take care of contents destined for a museum. Fieldon was president of the society and became a life member. His donations enabled the museum project to be completed at an earlier date.
In 1979, the council allowed the team to set up shop in the library building (hence the Fieldon Thorpe room).
The society then bought the building in 1989.