Isthmus Tamariki DesignLAB brings children into the design and creation process. The DesignLAB:
• Encourages a child-centred perspective from the eyes of the ‘user’ by being tactile and engaging.
• Allows for the testing and exploration of ‘elements’ often in unexpected ways, highlighting opportunities and constraints.
• Provides clear feedback for refinement both in design and function.
• Develops something unique and specific to use – i.e. not off the shelf and adapted.
• Engenders ownership in the process and project outcomes.
• Aligns learning initiatives for children to a ‘real-world’ scenario.