SO YOU ATE A STRANGE FUNGUS
Although unlikely, mushroom poisoning can be serious. Poisons.co.nz has the following advice on fungus poisoning:
Call the National Poisons Centre on 0800 POISON (0800 764 766) immediately.
Take the person to a medical centre or hospital for activated charcoal. This binds the poison in the stomach and stops it from being absorbed. It is best if the person receives this within an hour of ingestion.
Take a sample of the mushroom and refrigerate it. If possible, also take close photographs of the mushroom from all angles.
After the person has been seen by a doctor and sent home, monitor them for a week. If they become unwell, take them and the mushroom back to the doctor.
The doctor will call the poisons centre and the mushroom may be identified by a mushroom expert to help find the right antidote.