The how and when of JPS

Kapi-Mana News - - NEWS - By SAN­DRA AN­DREWS

All Jus­tice of the Peace ser­vices are free and many peo­ple will at some point re­quire a JP’s ser­vice. So what do they do? Among other things, they: Wit­ness sig­na­tures on doc­u­ments. Cer­tify copies of doc­u­ments. Com­plete dec­la­ra­tions (in­clud­ing statu­tory dec­la­ra­tions), af­fi­davits and af­fir­ma­tions.

If you are un­sure if a JP can as­sist, just ring and ask.

When you visit a JP most will ask for your photo iden­ti­fi­ca­tion, so bring along your driv­ers li­cence, pass­port or 18plus card.

If you are re­quired to sign the doc­u­ment, wait un­til you are in front of the JP be­fore sign­ing.

There are sev­eral ways you can find a JP – Google (use the key words JP and the city), Cit­i­zens Ad­vice Bureau, yel­low pages, web­site of Royal Fed­er­a­tion of New Zealand Jus­tices.

At Cit­i­zens Ad­vice Bureau Porirua we have a JP on duty at dif­fer­ent times dur­ing the week – Mon­day 12.30pm till 2pm, Wed­nes­day 9am till 1pm, Thurs­day 9am till 11.30am and Fri­day 12.30pm till 2pm. Ring to con­firm that the JP is avail­able.

If you need as­sis­tance with any­thing, or some ad­vice, call us on 2378846 or free phone 0800 367 222, email us on or visit our web­site

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.