BUTTON BATTERY SAFETY
Don’t allow children to play with button batteries.
Store button batteries as you would medication or matches – out of reach of children.
Keep spare or used batteries away from tablets and pills that elderly people may be taking.
Change button batteries on a surface out of children’s reach. Immediately place the dead battery out of their reach.
Make sure the battery cover on devices that use button batteries is secure, so a child can’t remove it. Use duct tape if necessary.
Seek medical attention immediately if you think someone has swallowed a button battery or if children may have placed one in their nose or ear. Do not let the person eat or drink anything and do not induce vomiting.