Work­ing for fam­i­lies

Kapi-Mana News - - OPINION/NEWS -

Are you find­ing it a tough job to make ends meet? Do you know about help that could be avail­able for you and your fam­ily?

At Cit­i­zens Ad­vice Bureau Porirua we have in­for­ma­tion about what’s avail­able for fam­i­lies un­der Work­ing for Fam­i­lies Tax Cred­its, which are pay­ments for fam­i­lies with chil­dren 18 or un­der.

There are four pay­ment types and you may qual­ify for one or more de­pend­ing on your sit­u­a­tion.

Whether you qual­ify and for how much de­pends on how many chil­dren there are 18 or un­der, the chil­dren’s ages, any shared care ar­range­ments, how much in­come you and your spouse or part­ner re­ceived, where your fam­ily in­come comes from and the num­ber of hours you or your spouse or part­ner work each week.

If you re­ceive an in­come­tested ben­e­fit you are en­ti­tled to fam­ily tax cred­its – usu­ally in­cluded in your weekly pay­ments from Work and In­come.

If your source of in­come is from work­ing, a stu­dent al­lowance or New Zealand Su­per, pay­ments are made from In­land Rev­enue. If you have ac­cess to the in­ter­net you can check with the web­site work­ing­for fam­i­ to see if you’re en­ti­tled to ex­tra money. Or you could ring In­land Rev­enue on 0800 227 773, or call into the CAB to find out more.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.