Bring­ing a claim to a court or tri­bunal

Kapi-Mana News - - OPINION -

If you have a claim, there are a va­ri­ety of av­enues avail­able to pur­sue the mat­ter (eg Dis­putes Tri­bunal, Dis­trict Court, High Court or other spe­cial­ist tri­bunals). doc­u­ments are filed in court.

At court, wit­nesses give their ev­i­dence and can be ques­tioned by the other party.

Sub­mis­sions are then made on the facts and law and the judge will give a de­ci­sion (ei­ther on the day or later in writ­ing).

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.