MUSIC & COMEDY
Bats Theatre, Kent Tce.
every Friday, 9pm, tickets $15 from firstname.lastname@example.org or ph 802 4175. Cavern Club, Allen St.
pro v amateur, Wednesdays, 8pm, $5. Fork & Brewer, Bond St.
Fridays, 7.30pm, R18. Fringe Bar, Allen St. RawMeat Monday – open mic comedy, Mondays, 8pm, $8 on eventfinda.co.nz or $10 on the door, $5 students. Hashigo Zake, Taranaki St. Vincent Vega Trio, Dec 19, 9.30pm. McEwan Park, Marine Parade, Lower Hutt. Shapeshifter and Kora summer tour. Dec 27, 8pm. Tickets from eventfinda.co.nz. Fat Freddy’s Drop, New Year’s Eve, 7pm. To buy tickets, call 0800 111 999. Six60 summer tour, Jan 6, 6pm. See eventfinda to book tickets. Meow, Edward St. The Hive, Dec 18, 9pm, free. Michael Fowler Centre, Wakefield St.
Mar 3, 8pm. Tickets from Ticketek. Porirua Club, Lodge Place. North City Country Music Club meets on the third Sunday of each month at 1pm. $4 for adults, 50c for children. Kapi Mana Country Music Club meets on the third Saturday of each month from 7pm. $3 entry. Senior Citizens’ Hall, Ocean Rd, Paraparaumu. Kapiti sing-a-long, Dec 18, 1.45pm till 3.30pm. Contact Caroline Lonsdale 04 904 3300. St Andrew’s on the Terrace, Wellington.
Dec 15, 5.30pm. Entry by donation, all proceeds to the Child Cancer Foundation. St James Theatre, Courtenay Place. The Big Carol Sing, Dec 20, 6pm till 7.30pm, free. The Fringe, Allen St. The Christmas Dank Comedy Show, Dec 18, 8pm, tickets $10 at eventfinda.co.nz. Poetry at The Fringe – end of year programme, Dec 20, 4pm till 6pm, free entry. VK’s Comedy & Blues Bar, Dixon St. The Christmas Showcase, Dec 19, 8pm, tickets $20 at eventfinda.co.nz. TimBatt: One Night Only, Dec 17, 8pm, tickets $20 from eventfinda.co.nz. Tag Team Comedy, Dec 18, 8pm, tickets $15 from
THEATRE, FILM & DANCE
Circa Theatre, Taranaki St.
– The Pantomime, until Dec 22, Tues till Sat 6.30pm, Sun 4pm, tickets $15-$26. Tickets at email@example.com or 801 7992. Lower Hutt Little Theatre, Lower Hutt. Mrs Merry’s Christmas Concert, till Dec 19, 7.30pm. Tickets 0800 BUY TIX. Hutt Art Centre, 9-11 Myrtle St, Lower Hutt. Christmas Treats and Treasures, art and craft made by locals, 10am till 4pm, till Christmas Eve. Opera House, Manners St. 21, 22, 23, 8pm. Tickets from Ticketek.
Mar 1 Cobham Court, Porirua.
display of film and images created with Russell and Discovery school pupils. Long-term exhibit. 30 Upstairs Gallery, Courtenay Place. Yukari Kaihori, Billy McQueen, Amy Potenger, Magdalena Bisley, Brenda Sullivan, until Dec 19. Adam Art Gallery, Kelburn Pde, Kelburn.
– curated by Stephen Cleland, till Dec 18.
– curated by Sandy Callister, till Dec 18.
– curated by David Maskill and ARTH 403 students, till Dec 18. ArtWalrus Gallery, 111 Taranaki St. Exhibition featuring Anneka Borren and Yong Suksamran, till Jan 23. Bowen Galleries, Ghuznee St.
– Christmas exhibition, until Dec 23. Bowen House, Parliamentary Offices, 70/84 Lambton Quay. Parliament exhibition
till Dec 17, Wednesday till Friday, 10am till 3pm. City Gallery, Civic Square.
– Gary Baigent, Rodney Charters and Robert Ellis in Sixties Auckland, until Mar 13. Grayson Perry and Kushana Bush exhibition, until Mar 20. Camille Henrot, until Mar 23. Julian Dashper and Friends, until Apr 25. Free entry. Corrections National Office Heritage Centre, Mayfair House, The Tce.
plus visitors can enter a replica cell and see a display of uniforms through the decades. Dominion Museum, Buckle St.
long-term exhibit. Embassy Theatre, Wellington.
produced by Matthew Barney and Laurenz Foundation, till Mar 19. Emerging Light Gallery, Plimmerton. Paremata School Awarua art and poetry, till Dec 18, times vary. Katherine Mansfield House, Tinakori Rd.