17 Tory St, Tory St.
– film screening, May 26, 7pm, free. Circa Theatre, Taranaki St.
till June 18, tickets $33-46 from circa.co.nz. Gryphon Theatre, Ghuznee St. Steel Magnolias, till May 28, tickets $15-$25 at stagecraft.co.nz. Hannah Playhouse, Cambridge Tce. Indian Ink Theatre Company’s
till June 4, tickets $25-$55 at ticketek.co.nz. Michael Fowler Centre, Wakefield St. Shakespeare Globe Centre New Zealand presents Otago University’s SheilahWinn Shakespeare Festival, June 3, 10am till 5.30pm and June 4, 9.30am till 5.30pm, tickets from ticketek.co.nz. Porirua College, Driver Cres. Popstars, a 90s musical, put on by Porirua College students. Full of classic songs from the 90s era. June 1 till June 3, 7pm. Tickets $5 and children free, on sale at the school office or by calling 237 5465. Te Whaea: National Dance and Drama Centre, Hutchison Rd, Newtown. New Zealand School of Dance choreographic season 2016, Adam Art Gallery, Victoria University, Kelburn Parade.
– group show curated by Stephen Cleland, till Jul 17. Bartley + Company Art, Ghuznee St. Contemporary Cameraless Photography – Anne Noble, Joyce Campbell, ShaunWaugh, Anne Ferran and Danica Chappell, until June 11. City Gallery, Civic Square.
– Daniel Crooks, Eadweard Muybridge, Harold Edgerton, Steve Car, until Jul 6. Gilberd Marriott Gallery, Courtenay Place.
– Denise and Phillipa Durkin, till June 11. Matchbox Gallery, Cuba St.
– Tim and Zoe, until May 29. Millwood Gallery, Tinakori Rd.
until May 28. NewZealand Academy of Fine Arts, Queens Wharf. – group show, until May 29. NewZealand Portrait Gallery, Shed 11, Customhouse Quay. Adam Portraiture Award 2016, until May 29. Page Blackie Gallery, Victoria St. 2016 Catalogue Exhibition, until June 17. Photospace Gallery, Courtenay Place. Gil Eva Craig, till June 11. PotockiPaterson Art Gallery, Dixon St. Profusion – Sam Melser, until June 4. Quoil Gallery, Willis St. – – Neke Moa, Caroline Thomas and Kathryn Yeats, until June 1. Roar Gallery, cnr of Vivian and Victoria St. – Pablos Art Studios and Artists from the community, till May 31. Solander Gallery, Willis St.
– five artists on Stewart Island, June 4. Southern Cross Garden Bar and Restaurant Gallery Space, Abel Smith St. A 25,000 mile photographic odyssey across America – Mark Thompson, until May 29. Tapu Te Ranga Gallery, The Parade, Island Bay. Art on Parade – group show to launch new gallery space, until June 8. The Kiwi Art House Gallery, Cuba St. – New Zealand landscapes by Graham Moeller, until May 31. Toi Poneke Gallery, Abel Smith St. Dead Bug Live – Kate Lepper, until May 28. TSB Bank Arena, Queens Wharf. NZ Art Show, June 3 till 6, tickets $10 from artshow.co.nz. Vincents Gallery, Willis St. Taylor Hack, May 25 till June 8. 18 Hartham Place, Porirua. Cultural Diversity Day, Thursday, May 26, 5.30 till 7pm, involving Porirua City Council, New Zealand Red Cross, Volunteer Porirua, English Language Partners Porirua and Porirua Language Project – Literacy Aotearoa, and others from the community. Capital E, Queens Wharf. Term-time events, visit capitale.org.nz for details. Discover Dance with Java Dance, Thursdays, 10am, $5 per child. Cara’s Crafts, Wednesdays, 9.30am till 3.30pm, free. Cobham Court, Porirua. Food truck night market, last Thursday of the month, May 26, 5.30pm. Countdown car park, Parumoana St, Porirua. Safer Plates event, to secure your number plates from theft. May 28, 10am till 2pm. Cost is $5, to go towards community patrols in the Porirua basin. Government House, Rugby St, Mt Cook. Free public tours, including exhibition, movie and guided walk through the house, bookings essential phone 382-0837 or visit gg.govt.nz. Karehana Bay, Plimmerton. Plimmerton Kindergarten Midwinter Dip, June 12, 11am. Fundraiser for the kindy with raffles, food and activities. Khandallah Presbyterian Church, Ganges Rd, Khandallah. German Fair – Wellington German Playgroup fundraiser, May 28, 9.30am till 12.30pm. Ngatitoa Domain Hall, Mana. Ngatitoa Badminton Club social badminton runs every Monday night from 7.30pm till 9pm. $7 a night, all welcome. Plimmerton Boating Club, 66 Moana Rd, Plimmerton. Plimmerton Residents Association AGM. May 30, 7.30pm till 9pm. Plimmerton School Hall, 11 School Rd. The Great Girls Drop and Swap, Friday, May 27, 7.30pm. With international image consultant Daphne James. Tickets $25, includes first drink and supper. Email email@example.com. Porirua Club, Lodge Pl, Porirua. Rotary Club of Porirua meets every Wednesday from 5.45pm. Next meeting, May 25. Porirua RSA, McKillop St, Porirua. Tai Chi, weekly each Monday, 11am till noon, for all ages and ability. Indoor bowls, weekly each Tuesday, 1pm till 3pm. For information, phone 237 7695. Redwood School, Tawa. Redwood School 50th anniversary, Jul 1 and 2. All past staff, students, school committee and parents welcome, plus members of the community. Information from the school, 232 7704. Space Place, Carter Observatory, Upland Rd. Celestial Cinema, May 25, 7pm, $10-$15. St Catherine’s College, Upper Bourke St, Kilbirnie. Open day and information session, May 31, 11.30am and 6.30pm. Te Rito Gardens, Porirua Hospital Grounds. Plant sale, Saturdays 10am till 12.30pm. Waitangirua Mall car park, Waitangirua. Lions Club of Titahi Bay’s Porirua Saturday market, 4am till noon.
THEATRE, FILM & DANCE FAMILY & COMMUNITY SPORT
Super Rugby. Hurricanes v Highlanders, May 27, Westpac Stadium, 7.35pm, Tickets $10-$55 from ticketek.co.nz. Premier rugby. Men – May 28, 2.45pm. Tawa v Paremata Plimmerton, Lyndhurst Park; Northern Utd vWainuiomata, Porirua Park. Women – May 28, 11.30am. Johnsonville-Tawa v Wainuiomata, Alex Moore Park; Oriental-Rongotai v Norths, venue to be confirmed. Central League football. Lower Hutt vWestern Suburbs, May 28, Fraser Park, 3pm. Wellington premier rugby league. Both games May 28, 2.30pm. Whiti Te Ra v St George Dragons, Otaki Domain; Upper Hutt Tigers v Porirua Vikings, Whakatiki St. Kapi Mana premier netball. All games at Mungavin Court 1. Aotea College v Rockz 1, 9am; KBJ 1 v Te Tai Timu 2, 10.30am; Te Tai Timu 1 v Norths 1, noon.