THEATRE, FILM & DANCE
Frank Burkitt’sWicker Men – The Rogue and Vagabond, Garrett St, July 7, 9.30pm, $5, door sales only. Friday Night Get DownWith Zacinfact - Southern Cross, Abel Smith St, every Friday, 7pm till 10pm, free. Kapi-Mana Country Music Club - Porirua Club, Lodge Place, third Saturday of each month, 7pm, $3 entry. Kroon For Your Kai – Southern Cross, Abel Smith St, showcasing emerging artists, July 6, 7pm, free. NewtownJazz Jam– Newtown Cultural Community Centre, Cnr Rintoul and Colombo St, every Monday in July, 8pm till 10pm, free. North City Country Music Club – Porirua Club, Lodge Place, third Sunday of each month, 1pm, $4 for adults, 50c for children. RawMeat Monday - The Fringe Bar, 26 Allen St, Open Comedy mic night, Every Monday in July, 8pm till 9.30pm, General admission $8, door sales $10. Recovery Sessions - Southern Cross, Abel Smith St, every Sunday in July, 3pm, free. The Medicine – VK’s Comedy & Blues Bar, Dixon St, top Wellington comics, July 6, 8pm till 10pm, General admission $10, contact 0800 289 849. Alice in Wonderland - PopUp Porirua Little Theatre, Lydney Place, amusical for kids with plenty of jokes for the adults, July 19 till July 22, contact 0273282997. La Casa Azul - Circa Theatre, Taranaki St, show inspired by the writings of Frida Kahlo, matinees July 12, 17, tickets from $46-$25 from 04 801 7992 or the box office. Stage Kiss - Circa Theatre, Taranaki St, July 2-7, tickets from $46-$25 from 04 801 7992 Dust Pilgrim – Te Whaea: NZ National Dance and Drama Centre, Hutchison Rd, July 6 till 9, 7pm, tickets from $19-$29. Transfer - Massey University Tea Gardens, Buckle St, July 6 and 7, 7.30pm till 8.50pm, tickets from $30-$20 from 0800 289 849.
Adam Art Gallery – Victoria University, Kelburn Pde,
– group show curated by Stephen Cleland, until July 17. Alfred Memelink Artspace Gallery – The Esplanade, Petone,
- watercolours by Grahame D’Urville Harris, until July 10. City Gallery - Civic Square, Jealous
– Francis Upritchard, until Oct 16. Corrections’ Heritage Centre – Mayfair House, The Terrace, Corrections’ involvement in World War I, plus visitors can enter a replica cell and see a display of uniforms through the decades, long-term exhibit. Dominion Museum – Buckle St,
exhibition, long-term exhibit. Enjoy Public Art Gallery – Cuba St,
– Caitlin Devoy, until July 9. Katherine Mansfield House and Garden – Tinakori Rd, Thorndon,
– explore the memories and objects that inspired Katherine Mansfield’s stories, until October. Page Blackie Gallery – Victoria St,
until July 15. Pataka exhibitions - Parumoana St, featuring: until July 17; until July 17; until Aug 7; – JohnWalsh, until Sept 18; – Gabby O’Connor, until Sept 18;
New Zealand tourism posters, until Sept 18; - Richard Reddaway, until Aug 21; – TS Crew, until Sept until 18; July 16. Solander Gallery – Willis St,
– John McLean, until July 9. Toi Poneke Arts Centre – Abel Smith St, – James GilbertMilne, July 1 until July 23. Turnbull Gallery – at National Library Building, Molesworth St,
– experimental NZ music, until Aug 19. Vincents Gallery – Willis St, Winter Group Show, until July 13. Badminton - Ngatitoa Badminton Club, Ngatitoa Domain Hall, Mana, Mondays, 7.30pm till 9pm, $7. Capital E – Queens Wharf, for all term-time events, visit capitale.org.nz, includes Discover Dance with Java Dance, Thursdays, 10am, $5 per child; Cara’s Crafts, Wednesdays, 9.30am till 3.30pm, free.
FAMILY & COMMUNITY