Plenty of events for last week of school holidays
What a busy school holiday period it has been, packed full of fun-filled activities for the kids.
The momentum hasn’t stopped, with plenty of events on for all ages and interests. Check out what’s on below, pop into Palmerston North City i-SITE in The Square or visit ManawatuNZ.co.nz/ Events for more information.
• Celebrate the last weekend of the school holidays with some inflatable family fun with a trip to Makino Aquatic Centre on Saturday 13 and Sunday October 14, 11am3pm.
• An exciting new event, the Palmy Parent and Child Expo is on at the Awapuni Function Centre on Sunday October 14 from 10am. Check out the 65 exhibitors catering to families from expectant mums to school-aged kids. It’s an event for the whole family with bouncy castles, face painting, food trucks, giveaways and more.
• If you want to connect with other senior people in the community, the Takaro Rotary Club invites you to attend their senior afternoon for entertainment, fun and food at Palmerston North Leisure Centre on Sunday October 14, 2pm4.30pm.
• Get behind the Manawatu¯ Turbos in the final round of the Mitre 10 Cup as they take on Southland at Central Energy Trust Arena this Sunday October 14, 4.35pm-6.30pm. Tickets at www.ticketdirect.co.nz
• Straight from Las Vegas, Oh What A Night comes to New Zealand after sold-out performances around the world. Join the cast as they celebrate the music of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons at the Regent on Broadway on Sunday October 14. Purchase tickets at the Regent on Broadway Ticketing Centre or at www.ticketmaster.co.nz
• Join the annual Manawatu¯ Pink Star Walk and fundraise for breast cancer awareness for the Cancer Society. Get your fabulous pink costumes out with friends, family and co-workers for this event of remembrance and celebration of life, meeting at the Clock Tower in Feilding Square on Friday October 19 at 5.15pm.
• Watch our furry friends take on the courses at the New Zealand dog agility champs on Friday 19 to Monday October 22 from 9am. You would be barking mad to miss it.
• Enjoy a day out at the annual Olde English Faire Lions Market Day on Saturday October 20 in The Square, Palmerston North. With over 90 craft stalls, hot food and drinks and entertainment from the Manawatu¯ Scottish Pipe Band, it’s a great day out. • Consider yourself a bit of a cycling pro or want something different? Get along to the Track Cycling Have A Go Day at Johnston Park on Saturday October 20 from 1pm-3pm for some free fun with track bikes provided.
• New Zealand’s multi-award-winning Speedway track erupts into life at the start of a new season, with a record number of competitors. Celebrate the beginning of the 2018/2019 Speedway season at the Roberston Holden International Speedway grand opening at Central Energy Trust Arena on Saturday October 20 at 7pm.
• Do you dare ride the Halloween night train? See if you are brave enough to take a trip on Palmerston North Esplanade Scenic Railway’s Halloween Train on Monday 22, Wednesday 24, Friday 26 and Saturday 27 October from 6pm — 9pm.
• If you want to test your funny bone, make sure you’re at The Royal on Thursday October 25 from 8pm for The Rumble, Palmerston North’s premier stand-up comedy open mic night. If you want to get involved contact the Comedy Hub via Facebook, email firstname.lastname@example.org or just turn up on the night.
• The Little Cuba Carnival is back for 2018 on Saturday October 27, with entertainment from 10am. Enjoy a day of live music, Cuban food, entertainment, pop-up shops, lobby art exhibitions and more. To celebrate the Cuba Street Rejuvenation Project, the Ambassador of Cuba will even be there along with Palmerston North Mayor, Grant Smith. • With more new cars hitting the track for the first time this season, the Stockcar Robin Pratt Memorial & Lucas Oli superstock series at Central Energy Trust Arena, 7pm on Saturday October 27, is sure to be an eventful night with stockcar action at its best.
• The Regent on Broadway’s 20th birthday celebrations conclude on Saturday October 27 at 7.30pm, with an evening of extraordinary talent and amazing music from classical to hip-hop and metal. Be entertained by a magnificent 40-piece orchestra and full band supporting internationally recognised Hannah Fang. Pre-purchase your tickets to this popular show at the Regent on Broadway Ticketing Centre or at www.ticketdirect.co.nz