1. In what European country did 20 th century hikers stumble across the mummified body of a Stone Age warrior dubbed Otzi the Iceman?
2. Brazilian singer Astrud Gilberto is associated with what song?
3. Which famous North African city has a Spanish name meaning ‘‘white house’’?
4. The Prohibition era in the United States fell mainly in which decade?
5. From which language do we get the words picnic, gallery and marmalade?
6. In which New Zealand city would you find a motel-lined thoroughfare called Fenton St?
7. Who was Bill Clinton’s Republican rival in the 1992 US presidential election?
8. Which up-and- coming 21-year-old actress had nine lines of dialogue in the 1947 film Dangerous Years?
9. Prince William attended which British university?
10. Which word can precede blade, strap or bag?
ANSWERS: 1. Italy; 2. The Girl From Ipanema; 3. Casablanca; 4. The 1920s; 5. French; 6. Rotorua; 7. George Bush Snr; 8. Marilyn Monroe;
9. St Andrews; 10. Shoulder.