TOP 20 WEDDING SONGS
Long gone are the days of your only option for your grand entrance being a bridal march. While this traditional piece of music still has its place, today’s wedding music selections are exhaustive. Songs do tend to have their own expiry date, with favourites like Beautiful Day finishing every ceremony in one wedding season. A great combination of songs can make or break a wedding, the lyrics setting the tone for the celebration and reflecting you as a couple.
Where do you start if you don’t have a special song that means something to you, the one you both listened to when you first met or a tune that reminds you of a key milestone in your relationship? We often suggest our clients think about what songs they’ve heard at other weddings that stood out. Perhaps there’s a special song your parents had at their wedding. You can Google Top 20 wedding songs and, while you do risk generating lists from everything including Celine Dion to Elton John, there is plenty of inspiration out there on the world wide web to help.
Another important thing to consider is whether the music is appropriate for the style of your wedding. Does it fit your personalities and who you are as a couple? Are the songs long enough to get everyone down the aisle or do you need two separate pieces of music? There are usually four key pieces of music selected for a wedding: • The bridesmaids’ and bride’s entrance – a meaningful and slow piece for the entrance; there can be two songs if the bride would like her own entrance song. • Signing of the marriage licence – often two songs due to the length of time taken for everyone to do the official signatures. • Procession at the conclusion of the ceremony – this should be upbeat and set the tone for celebration. • First Dance – well, there are no rules for this one - it all depends on what magically choreographed routine you’ve managed to perfect.
Some couples also opt for a song to announce them into the reception, however this is not always a must have.
We’ve compiled some of our favourites and hope you find them helpful when compiling the music for your big day. 1. Love is Endless - Mozella
2. Marry Me - Train
3. Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran
4. Hey Ho - Lumineers 5. Make You Feel My Love - Adele
6. You Got Me – Colbie Caillat
7. A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
8. Is this Love – Bob Marley
9. Everything - Michael Buble
10. Only You - Yazoo
11. 1,2,3,4 - Plain White T’s
12. Time of my life – Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
13. I won’t give up – Jason Mraz
14. Make You Feel My Love – Bryan Ferry
15. My Destiny - Lionel Ritchie
16. Have I Told You Lately – Rod Stewart
17. Somewhere over the rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwole
18. Love you till the end – The Pogues
19. I Love You For Sentimental Reasons - Natalie Cole
20. Just The Way You Are - Harry Connick Jr