• 1 oyster per glass – I have used Bluff, but any fresh will do
• Wakami seaweed – enough to layer
• Salmon Caviar
• Sea Salt
Season the oyster with a little sea salt and a drop or two of lemon juice. Layer the wakami, oyster and caviar and serve.
• 6 oysters per person plus shells
• 60g Wakami per person
• Cucumber – peeled and cut into short sticks
• Aoraki salmon caviar - approx 3tsps for 6 oysters
Rock salt and egg white / crushed ice
Firstly whip the egg white to soft peak. Add enough white to the rock salt to form a firm mix. This is to sit the shell on top of so it doesn’t move on the plate. You could also use crushed ice.
Season each oyster with a little lemon and sea salt. Place 10g Wakami on each shell, then the seasoned oyster. Place the strips of cucumber on the oyster and garnish with caviar.
Serve with Billicart Salmon Rose Champagne - perfect!