Motueka fire

Nelson Mail - - NEWS -

A dryer may have caused a fire which dam­aged a house in Motueka. Fire and Emer­gency NZ act­ing shift man­ager Ian Lit­tle­john said a fire was re­ported at a prop­erty on High St just af­ter 11.30pm on Fri­day. He said it was ini­tially thought that the fire had stemmed from a dryer on fire. Gas was also re­ported to be in close prox­im­ity to the sin­gle-storey blaze. Fire­fight­ers found the house well ablaze, and be­lieved the gas had ig­nited. All oc­cu­pants made it safely out of the house. Net­work Tas­man was called to iso­late the power within the vicin­ity, while po­lice closed the roads near the scene. Crews were clear of the blaze by 2:30am. A fire in­ves­ti­ga­tor was at the scene yes­ter­day to de­ter­mine the cause of the fire.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.