Usually termed as being the last of the Feltham cars, although the final MKIII cars were actually built alongside their eventual replacement, the DB4, at the Newport Pagnell works. First 100 examples fitted with drum brakes with optional front disc brakes
1962. The next owner was Leo Critchley of Levin, who took over the car on August 21, 1962, keeping it until July 1963, when it was sold to Wright Stevenson in Tauranga with 36,510 miles (58,757km) showing on its odometer. In December 1963 the Aston was sold to Robertson Cars in Broadway, Newmarket, which on-sold it to Harriet Meikle on February 12, 1964 (39,759 miles/63,986km). The next owner was Reginald Cook of Pukekohe in October 1966 and then, on November 3, 1966, it was purchased by Bruce Radford (52,455 miles/84,418km) who rebuilt the engine.
On December 2, 2012, the Aston changed hands once more when Grant acquired it — the car being delivered straight away to Derek at Atkinson Restoration Services for restoration, and the project being completed in November 2014.
Work undertaken involved a complete engine bay restoration, gearbox and clutch overhauls, differential rebuild, suspension, brakes and shock absorber restoration, new paintwork from bare metal up including the wheel arches, new chrome work, doors rebuilt, new glass except the windscreen which was perfect, dashboard and instrumentation restoration and a myriad of other things — all of which all add up to the result that the car is now a virtually new 1957 Aston Martin DB2/4 saloon. The only things not touched during the restoration were the underbody, which was tidy, and the engine which Bruce Radford had expertly rebuilt after he purchased the car in 1966.
Worldwide, Aston Martin DB2/4 MKIIS are now blue-chip collectibles — to see two of them in the Winners Circle at Ellerslie was, indeed, a rare sight.