NELSON TRIAL REPORTS
• ‘Fatnut‘ & ‘All-in-one‘ are now considered to be the same. Vigorous upright growth, good health. Crops when young, husk self-separates, high yield, medium shell, good flavour. Early flowering can be affected by frost.
• ‘403‘ Spreading form, good health. Crops when young. Late flowering.
• ‘Garden Prince‘ Decorative with dense foliage that hangs into winter. Self-fertile but not a great producer.
• ‘CY750‘ Healthy and free of gummosis. Papershell. Low yield.
• ‘Fabrin‘ Vigorous grower. Crops consistently once mature.
• ‘Monovale‘ The pollinator. Good, strong-flavoured nuts in thick shell. Good, consistent yields.
• ‘McCartney R3‘ Good crops of quality golden kernels, some doubles. Small and sweet with medium shell. Best attribute is husks fall, leaving the nut on the tree.
• ‘McCartney R6‘ Good crops of quality golden kernels. Small, fat and sweet with medium to hard shell. Looks great in shell and out, cracks well. • ‘IXL‘, ‘Burbank‘ & ‘Nonpareil‘ performed poorly and have been removed from the trial.