WHAT ON EARTH IS DIATOMACEOUS EARTH?
Feeding your livestock with DE paves the way for better feed conversion, increased mineral absorption and improved overall health.
Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is the fossilised shell of phytoplanktons known as diatoms. They extract nutrients and minerals from seawater to build their shells.
As diatoms pass through the GI tract of animals and mammals they supply the host with silica (essential for organ and connective tissue elasticity) and help to clean the digestive passages by breaking down excess mucus deposits, attracting and binding heavy metals, and lacerating internal parasites to the point of rejection. Noted benefits reported by DE users include:
• better feed conversion (a reduction in hard feed requirements
is often reported);
• improved skin, coats and hooves;
• no worms;
• elimination of scours;
• inhibition of mastitis;
• increased milk and butter fat;
• more eggs with stronger shells from poultry;
• heavy metal removal;
• drier, deodorised manure.