7 ways to use garlic chives
• Use the leaves in a similar way to scallions or garlic, slicing into 2-3cm lengths, then briefly stir-fry with a dash of chilli.
• For a garnish, cut into 1-2cm slices and either stir-fry in a little oil, or blanch enough to soften without loss of colour.
• Add to scrambled eggs and top with smoked salmon, chopped garlic chives and a touch of sour cream.
• Delicious in Chinese-style dumplings with egg, shrimp and pork, or in any minced meat or seafood filling.
• Drop 2-3cm lengths into clear soups and simmer briefly – they're often included in miso soup. • Stir-fry with curried vegetables and potatoes. • Add to herbal vinegars, or incorporate into soft cheeses.