Ashes can be dan­ger­ous

South Waikato News - - SPORT -

South Waikato chief fire of­fi­cer Dave Mor­ris is warn­ing people to store ashes prop­erly.

Mor­ris said two fires were caused by ashes be­ing stored next to a shed, one that de­stroyed the shed.

Ashes should be stored in a metal box and placed at least three me­tres from a build­ing.

Mean­while Pu­taruru chief fire of­fi­cer Graeme Hoole urged people to check their elec­tric blan­kets by tak­ing it to a reg­is­tered elec­tri­cian.

One fire started in Pu­taruru where a child woke up with hot feet.

The fire caused a hole in the blan­ket and mat­tress.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.