Bath­room alight

South Waikato News - - NEWS / HE PU¯ RONGORONGO -

A bath­room fire gave the Toko­roa Vol­un­teer Fire Bri­gade an early wake-up call after a spate of false alarms and mi­nor call-outs.

Fire chief Dave Mor­ris said one of the ma­jor in­ci­dences was a bath­room fire at 2am on Satur­day.

‘‘ That started from a can­dle in the bath­room. It melted and caught the bath­room alight. The peo­ple are very lucky, there was no smoke alarms in the house and that’s very con­cern­ing to the fire ser­vice.’’

The bri­gade also at­tended a car fire in Ati­a­muri on Sun­day.

The owner was at the scene and Mor­ris said the cause was un­known.

Mean­while, Pu­taruru Vol­un­teer Fire Bri­gade had an quiet week aside from a three- hour fire cover on Thurs­day after con­struc­tion work­ers drilled into a gas pipe on Ara­puni St.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.