Winners, losers and zombies
zombies gave vampires a run for their money.
– Great guests, witty banter – never fails to raise a laugh.
– The scandals, the costumes, Dame Maggie Smith – a true television delight.
– Beheadings, dwarfs, prostitutes, supernatural killers, giant wolves . . . and that’s just the first episode of this brilliant medieval epic.
– Even better in 2011. The team is on fire.
– TV One’s superb collection of New Zealand telemovies –
and – reaffirmed we not only want to watch Kiwi stories, but we’re pretty good at making them.
– Set a new standard in zombie apocalypses, with cinemaquality special effects and powerful human drama.
– The best character on TV, terrific season-long guest stars and engrossing drama.
– This gritty American bikie drama, starring the excellent Katey Sagal, continues to blow us away. – This decade’s
– Seriously underated American drama.
– Matt Smith proves there is life after David Tennant. Throw in the female one-two of Alex Kingston and Karen Gillan and you have seriously stylish sci-fi.
– Things got pretty deep this year – cancer, cheating, a shock pregnancy – but we can’t wait to see what happens next.
– left a big hole for TV3, but this locally made fantasy-drama crossover held its own.