Ask Dr Libby
Email your questions for Dr Libby to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only a selection of questions can be answered.
and Iwant to help my 17-yearold daughter maintain healthy self-esteem. Do you have some simple tips for this worried mum? Thanks, Mrs J.
Hi Mrs J, what a lovelymum you are. I agree, self-esteem is an aspect of wellbeing we don’t discuss enough. Here are some simple ideas:
1. Do something for someone else.
2. Exercise outside and soak up our beautiful surroundings.
3. Write in a gratitude journal each day.
4. Tell each other something you value about the other person that is not based on their appearance.
5. Become aware of your posture, language (self-talk and what you say to others) and focus. What we focus on is what we feel.
An irritated gut can directly affect your mood and concentration.