Lemongrass curry and fish
Adding peas and broccoli to steamed rice is an excellent way to get extra veges into the meal.
LEMONGRASS CURRY POACHED FISH WITH BROCCOLI AND PEA RICE
Broccoli and pea rice
3 cups cooked white or brown rice
1 head broccoli
1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
Lemongrass curry poached fish
1 brown onion, finely diced
1 stalk lemongrass, tough outer layer removed and finely diced
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry spice mix (see recipe below)
200ml coconut cream
1 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
1 kaffir lime leaf, tough central stem removed and thinly sliced (or use zest of 1 lime)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tomato, diced 1cm
600g boneless, skinless, firm, white fish fillets, diced 3-4cm
Curry Spice Mix Mix together 2 teaspoons mild curry powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1⁄
2 teaspoon ground turmeric and 1⁄
4 teaspoon garam masala. Bring a full kettle to the boil.
1. Start by cooking the rice to accompany the meal, according to packet instructions.
2. Cut broccoli into small florets. Place with peas and a pinch of salt in a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover with a plate and leave for 5-6 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain and toss with a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frypan (with a lid) on medium heat. Cook onion, lemongrass and ginger for 5minutes, until softened. Add curry spice mix with a dash of coconut cream and stir for 1 minute.
4. Add remaining coconut cream, chicken stock, fish sauce, sugar and kaffir lime leaf. Bring to a simmer, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 4minutes. Stir through lemon juice and tomato. Add fish to pan, ensuring it is submerged, cover with lid and simmer a further 4 minutes, until fish is just cooked through.
5. Fluff up cooked rice with a fork and stir through broccoli and peas. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide broccoli and pea rice between bowls and top with lemongrass curry poached fish.
NADIA LIM IN ASSOCIATION WITH MY FOOD BAG
This recipe is gluten and dairy free.