Healthy and spicy grilled salmon
This grilled salmon pairs wonderfully with a yoghurt dressing and a good green salad.
TANDOORI GRILLED SALMON WITH SPICY YOGHURT AND SPINACH SALAD
Ready in: 25 minutes Portions: 2 Tandoori Grilled Salmon 11⁄ teaspoons tandoori spice (see
2 below) 1 tablespoon yoghurt Pinch of salt 250g skinless salmon fillet
Spicy Yoghurt Zest and juice of 1⁄8-1⁄ lemon
4 1-2 tablespoons coriander leaves and stalks, finely chopped 1⁄ cup yoghurt
4 1⁄ teaspoon tandoori spice
Tandoori spice 1⁄ teaspoon ground cumin
2 1⁄ teaspoon ground coriander
2 1⁄ teaspoon smoked paprika
2 1⁄ teaspoon garlic powder
4 1⁄ teaspoon turmeric
8 1⁄ teaspoon ground ginger
8 Pinch of ground chilli
Spinach Salad 3⁄ cup frozen peas
4 1⁄ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 1 teaspoon vinegar (such as, red wine, white wine, cider)
3⁄4- 1 teaspoon mustard (such as, Dijon, wholegrain) 1⁄4- 1⁄ teaspoon honey
2 1⁄ Lebanese cucumber
2 1 carrot 1⁄ tomato
2 50g baby spinach
To Serve 1⁄ lemon cut into wedges 4
Preheat oven grill to high. Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Prepare lemon and coriander.
1. In a small bowl, mix together first measure of tandoori spice, yoghurt and salt. Pat salmon dry, remove any pin bones, and cut lengthways into 2 equal pieces. Place salmon on prepared tray and season. Spread tandoori mix equally over each piece. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together all spicy yoghurt ingredients. Season to taste and set aside.
3. Grill salmon (on middle-upper oven rack) for 4-6 minutes (depending on thickness), for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside, covered, to rest.
4. While salmon grills, prepare spinach salad. Cook peas in pot of boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and leave to drain well.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and salt. Peel cucumber and carrot into ribbons and thinly slice carrot core on an angle, dice tomato 1-2cm and add all to medium bowl with dressing.
6. Add drained peas and spinach to bowl with dressing, toss all together just before serving and season to taste.
To serve: share spinach salad between plates. Top with tandoori grilled salmon and dollop over spicy yoghurt. Squeeze over lemon.
Tandoori grilled salmon - a light and tasty supper.