It’s hard to say goodbye:
There’s something about being bad that viewers seem to love – at least when it comes to TV and film. But how well do you know your screen villains? Test yourself.
Gearing up for the end of a hit comedy series.
1. Who said, “I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti”?
2. Which caped villain was played by David Prowse, and voiced by James Earl Jones?
3. This Harry Potter character’s name means ‘flight of death’ in French.
4. In Shortland Street, who had the online name ‘Sexy Eyes’?
5. Who is Sherlock Holmes’ arch enemy?
6. Gollum, played by Andy Serkis, is one of Lord Of The Rings’ most repulsive characters. But what was his original name?
7. Which Hitchcock serial killer loved his mother and ran a motel?
8. The Wicked Witch Of The West appeared in which classic movie?
9. Who played ‘bunny boiler’ Alex Forrest in Fatal Attraction?
10. Nurse Ratched was a baddie in which 1975 Oscar winner?
11. In which film does the main character wear long johns and a bowler hat?
12. The fishy ‘Bruce’ terrified us in which film?
13. Robert Mitchum and Robert De Niro have both played a vengeful ex con in which film?
14. One, two who’s coming for you in this horror film?
15. Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholson have played which Batman baddie?
16. Gordon Gekko was greedy in which 1987 film?
17. Which British actor gave dentists a bad name in Marathon Man?
18. Mr Potter wasn’t so wonderful in this 1946 movie.
19. Biff Tannen is a brutish character in which trilogy?
20. The meglomaniac General Zod (played by Terence Stamp) ruled which planet?
21. This all-time screen villain is simply billed as ‘Man’ in which classic Disney film? 22. Who, we may ask, plays Kilgrave in TV series Jessica Jones?
23. Who led Richard Kimble on a quest to clear his name?
24. Black Jack Randall is a nasty piece of work in which historical drama?
25. Cylons are the enemy in which highly rated science fiction TV series?
26. If Number Six was the hero, which number was his opposite in the mind-twisting 1960s British TV series The Prisoner?
27. Dallas’ JR Ewing is one of the small screen’s top villains. But who shot him?
28. The ruthless hitman
in No Country For Old Men was played by which actor?
29. Who played the psychotic former child star in Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?
30. Marlon Brando played which military madman in the 1979 movie Apocalypse Now?