Quick and easy chicken dinners
SERVES 4 PREPARATION 20 MINUTES COOKING 35 MINUTES
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 frenched chicken legs
½ cup verjuice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 yellow peaches, stones
removed, quartered 100g baby rocket
radicchio, torn in pieces
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil baby sorrel leaves to serve BLUE CHEESE DRESSING 150g blue cheese
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup buttermilk
1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
1. In a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Brown chicken for 2-3 minutes each side. Add verjuice and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds to deglaze pan.
2. Stir maple syrup and balsamic through and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove lid, increase heat to high and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until sticky and glazed, turning chicken to coat in glaze.
3. BLUE CHEESE DRESSING. In a small food processor, pulse blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk and vinegar until smooth. Stir spring onion through and season. Cover and chill.
4. Preheat a char-grill pan on high. Spray peaches with oil. Grill for 1 minute each side until grill marks appear. Set aside.
5. In a bowl, combine rocket, radicchio and oil. Season and toss. Serve with peach and chicken, drizzled with dressing. Scatter with sorrel leaves.
Drumstick DRUM ROLL!