SERVES 4 PREPARATION 20 MINUTES (PLUS MARINATING) COOKING 50 MINUTES
1 cup Greek yoghurt, plus extra to serve 1 / cup tandoori paste
3 1 tablespoon garam masala4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
8 chicken drumsticks chopped tomatoes, coriander to serve DHAL
¼ cup ghee (clarified butter)
2 onions, finely chopped
3 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander 3
cups chicken stock
1 cup red lentils 400g can butter beans, rinsed, drained
1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
on the diagonal
yoghurt, paste, garam masala, garlic and ginger together until smooth. Season.
2. In a non-metallic bowl, coat chicken in mixture. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Arrange chicken on a baking paper-lined oven tray. Bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked and browned.
4. DHAL. In a saucepan, heat ghee on medium. Sauté onion for 10 minutes. Add spices, cooking for 1 minute. Stir in stock and lentils. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes until soft. Mix in beans and chilli. Simmer for 4-5 minutes to heat. Season.
5. Serve chicken with dhal, and with a salad of tomato, coriander and extra yoghurt.
1. In a food processor, pulse