SERVES 4-6 PREPARATION 15 MINUTES COOKING 35 MINUTES
30g butter 2 onions, sliced ½ cup korma paste ¼ cauliflower head,
cut into small florets 1 eggplant, chopped
(see tip) 1½ cups brown basmati
rice, rinsed 2 carrots, sliced 1 red capsicum, seeded,
diced 400ml can light coconut
milk 1 cup vegetable stock 250g punnet cherry
tomatoes, halved ½ cup frozen peas ¹⁄³ cup dried cranberries natural yoghurt, coriander sprigs, toasted flaked almonds, naan to serve
1. In a large, heavy-based saucepan, melt butter on medium. Sauté onion for 4-5 minutes until tender and golden. Add paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant.
2. Mix in cauliflower and eggplant. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute until well coated in paste. Stir rice, carrot and capsicum through, then add coconut milk and stock.
3. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes until vegetables and rice are tender.
4. Fold tomatoes, peas and cranberries through, cooking for a further 4-5 minutes.
5. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork to separate grains. Drizzle with yoghurt, sprinkle with coriander and almonds, then serve with naan.