Chicken Egg Roll
SERVES 4 PREPARATION 15 MINUTES COOKING 35 MINUTES
½ cup sushi rice 8 eggs ¼ cup water 1 teaspoon mild curry powder ¹⁄³ cup vegetable oil 1 onion, sliced 1 tablespoon grated ginger 1 garlic clove, crushed ½ cup flaked coconut 10 curry leaves 2 teaspoons mustard seeds juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon brown sugar 500g chicken mince 120g bag baby spinach ¼ cup vegetable stock julienned carrot, cucumber, red chilli, coriander leaves to serve
1. In a medium saucepan, cook rice following packet instructions. Set aside.
2. In a jug, whisk eggs, water and curry powder. Set aside.
3. In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil on high. Sauté onion, ginger and garlic for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add coconut, curry leaves and seeds. Cook for 1-2 minutes until seeds pop and coconut is golden. Stir through juice and sugar. Transfer to a medium bowl.
4. In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium. Brown mince for 3-4 minutes, breaking up lumps. Stir in spinach and stock, cooking for 30 seconds until wilted. Stir coconut mixture through, then rice. Set aside.
5. Return pan to medium. Brush with a little oil. Pour one-quarter egg mixture into pan, tilting to cover base. As omelette begins to set, lift edge so uncooked egg runs underneath. Cook for 1-2 minutes until set. Slide onto a large plate and cover loosely with foil. Repeat three more batches, brushing pan with oil between each.
6. Fold pancakes as shown. Serve topped with chicken mixture, veges and coriander.