Big on flavour
Gluten-free family faves
Bacon, Chive & Potato Quiche SERVES 6 PREPARATION 20 MINUTES COOKING 45 MINUTES
20g butter, melted 1 large potato, chopped 4 rindless gluten-free bacon
slices, chopped 1 quantity gluten-free
pastry ½ cup grated tasty cheddar 5 eggs, lightly beaten ½ cup milk
2 tablespoons chives, finely
chopped mixed green salad to serve
1. Preheat oven to very hot, 220°C. Grease a 24cm round, loose-based fluted flan tin with melted butter.
2. Cook potato until tender. Drain. Cook bacon in a medium frying pan on high, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Drain.
3. Roll pastry between two sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Ease pastry into pan, pushing together any cracks. Press pastry into side and base of pan, trimming the edges.
4. Sprinkle bacon, potato and cheese into pastry case. Whisk eggs, milk and chives in a jug. Season and pour over bacon mixture.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with salad.