The perfect MATCH
We all love a summer wedding, but sensitive tooth pain can be a major hitch at the reception. So say “I do… want Colgate ® to match me up with a solution,” and you can enjoy the likes of this beautiful ice cream cake.
Choc cherry ice cream cake SERVES 8 PREP 10 MINS (PLUS FREEZING)
250g packet plain chocolate biscuits, broken 100g butter, melted 500g frozen pitted cherries 2 litres vanilla ice cream, softened ½ cup dark chocolate fudge sauce 2 tablespoons dark rum Maraschino cherries, to serve
1. Grease and line a 20cm round springform pan with baking paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse biscuits until fine crumbs form. Add butter and process until combined.
3. Press crumb mixture into base of pan. Freeze 15 minutes.
4. Top frozen base with cherries. Top with just enough softened ice cream to cover the cherries. Freeze 1 hour.
5. In a small bowl, combine sauce and rum. Swirl the sauce mixture through remaining ice cream and dollop over cherry layer. Freeze at least 4 hours until set.
6. Release cake from pan and place on a serving dish. Decorate with maraschino cherries and cut into wedges to serve.