Fire guts 2-storey building at Utako
Fire yesterday afternoon gutted a twostorey building located on Plot 14, S. O. Williams, Utako district, Abuja.
A resident of the building, disclosed that the fire was caused by a spark from a generator at the last floor.
Further investigations revealed that residents of the area had resorted to using generators as the area had not been enjoying power supply for the past two weeks.
It took over two hours before firefighters from the FCT Fire Service and the Judicial Institute to contain the raging inferno.
While some onlookers expressed dissatisfaction with the fire-fighters’ supposed slow response to the incident, a resident of the building, who identified herself as Mitchell, described their response as satisfactory. “They did a wonderful job,” she said. No human casualties were recorded in the incident.
Firefighters putting out fire that engulfed a two-storey building at Plot 14, S.O. Williams Crescent Utako, Abuja yesterday.