Goods de­stroyed in La­gos mar­ket fire

Daily Trust - - NEWS - From Ya­haya Ibrahim, La­gos

Goods worth mil­lions of naira were yesterday de­stroyed in a fire at a sec­tion of the Sabo mar­ket in Iko­rodu, La­gos.

Our re­porter gath­ered that the fire which started around 2.00am was caused by an elec­tri­cal fault in one of the shops.

Some traders at the mar­ket said days be­fore the fire, there was no power sup­ply at the mar­ket and the fire started when elec­tric­ity was re­stored.

Men of the La­gos State Fire Ser­vice were quickly drafted to the scene and pre­vented the fire from spread­ing. Abim­bola Deshola, a trader, told our re­porter that more than 12 shops were af­fected. Con­fec­tioner­ies and an­i­mal feeds were burnt. Naira notes of dif­fer­ent de­nom­i­na­tions hid­den in some shops were also burnt.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Nigeria

© PressReader. All rights reserved.