Ex­plo­sion in­jures 4 in La­gos

Daily Trust - - FRONT PAGE - From Eu­gene Agha, La­gos

Four per­sons were in­jured in an ex­plo­sion at about at a beer par­lour lo­cated at Num­ber 88, Oworo Road in the Oworon­shoki area of La­gos yesterday.

Wit­nesses said the ex­plo­sion came from the gas cylin­der of a deep freezer, caus­ing a huge fire.

A one-year old baby re­port­edly suf­fered shock as a re­sult of the ex­plo­sion which also af­fected a ho­tel di­rectly be­hind the bar.

Daily Trust gath­ered that the in­jured were rushed to a nearby hos­pi­tal where they were treated and dis­charged.

“Those who were in­jured were seated close to the shop when the ex­plo­sion oc­curred. The ex­plo­sion pulled down the en­tire walls. Some of the bro­ken blocks fell on one of the vic­tims. He was rushed to the nearby Afo­labi Hos­pi­tal”, said Ta­judeen Amao, a wit­ness.

Po­lice­men from the Anti-Bomb Squad and the Oworon­soki Po­lice Di­vi­sion con­ducted in­ves­ti­ga­tions on the ex­plo­sion.

Spokesman of the Na­tional Emer­gency Man­age­ment Agency (NEMA) in the South-West Re­gion, Ibrahim Farin­loye, con­firmed the in­ci­dent while the Gen­eral Man­ager of the La­gos State Fire Ser­vice, Razaq Fadipe, said four per­sons were in­jured, same as po­lice spokesman, Joe Of­for.

Photo: NAN

City Cen­tre Cul­tural troupe per­forms at the Kubwa branches of God’s King­dom So­ci­ety free­dom day di­vine ser­vice at Kubwa, Abuja yesterday.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Nigeria

© PressReader. All rights reserved.