Doctors find TOOTHPICK lodged in man's heart
...After he accidentally swallowed it nearly a year ago
Aman is recovering after having a toothpick he accidentally swallowed nearly a year ago removed INTACT from his heart.
Stunned doctors only made the discovery during a sevenhour operation on suffering Horacio Rodriguez, 42.
He was wrongly diagnosed with pneumonia after going to hospital in January with high fever.
Doctors also told him he had a heart infection and put him on antibiotics when he went for a second opinion after losing weight, coughing up blood and suffering chest pains.
Surgeons knew he had something inside his heart that shouldn’t be there before they opened him up at Hospital Fernandez in the Argentine capital Buenos Aires.
They thought it might be a catheter inserted into Horacio when he had a blood transfusion as a teenager.
Describing the discovery of a toothpick as as' unique', hospital heart specialist Fernando Cichero said: “It was incredible when we operated on him.
“First we took the blood out
Stabbing pains: The toothpick was removed intact from the patient’s heart