DI­GEST Pa­tient catches fire dur­ing op­er­a­tion

Daily Trust - - DIGEST -

Apa­tient caught fire while un­der­go­ing an op­er­a­tion at a New York hos­pi­tal, it has emerged.

The blaze broke out when a med­i­cal in­stru­ment was used 'in the pres­ence of oxy­gen' dur­ing a pro­ce­dure at NYU Lan­gone Med­i­cal Cen­ter.

A re­port into the in­ci­dent said that the pa­tient was re­ceiv­ing oxy­gen through a mask linked to an out­let on the wall when the fire hap­pened.

Ac­cord­ing to the New York Post, which ob­tained the in­for­ma­tion though a Free­dom of In­for­ma­tion Law request, state in­ves­ti­ga­tors slammed the Med­i­cal Cen­ter for lapses in safety mea­sures.

The Health Depart­ment re­port blanked out the name of the pa­tient as well as the na­ture of the in­juries they suf­fered.

De­tails in­clud­ing the ex­act in­stru­ment be­ing used and

Archive pic­ture of an op­er­at­ing room fire.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Nigeria

© PressReader. All rights reserved.