5-month-old baby burnt to death in house fire

Daily Trust - - NEWS - From Ab­dul­la­teef Aliyu, Lagos

Afive-month-old baby was burnt to death in Lagos yes­ter­day when an in­ferno en­gulfed a house at No.28 Adey­oola Street in Ag­bado-Oke Odo Lo­cal Coun­cil De­vel­op­ment Area (LCDA).

The baby who was asleep was said to have been left in the room by her mother when the fire started and when most oc­cu­pants of the build­ing had left for work.

Res­i­dents blamed the mother for leav­ing the room with the baby in­side with­out putting off the fire burn­ing in her cook­ing stove. It was fire from the stove that spread and killed the baby and torched seven other rooms, Daily Trust gath­ered.

The di­rec­tor of the state fire ser­vice, Rasak Fadipe con­firmed the in­ci­dent to Daily Trust last night, say­ing the fire oc­curred in the af­ter­noon.

Photo: RSG.

Rivers State Gov­er­nor, Nye­som Ezenwo Wike ad­dress­ing the 106th Quar­terly Meet­ing of the Rivers State Coun­cil of Tra­di­tional Rulers in Port Har­court yes­ter­day

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Nigeria

© PressReader. All rights reserved.