What is truth?
Until you are free, you cannot rise. Take full delivery of your liberty through the following keys: “If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.” (John 8:36)
Jesus does not set you free and goes away; He hangs around to make you. Making is a process.
Each time we talk of deliverance the only thing that comes to most people’s mind is demons. But a person can be free of demons and still not be completely free. The aim of being free is to enhance the quality of life.
Complete liberty must therefore include…
• Mental and psychological wellbeing. You need a healthy mind to do well. Many have been hurt and are hurting from the past. You need to know what to do and which way to take in order to prosper. The Bible says you prosper as your soul prospers. • Financial well-being. • Physical well-being. • Social well-being. A slave has nothing of his own; he labours for others and toils in vain. When you are bound in any way, you are grossly limited. Until you are free, life is a misery. Joseph’s dream could not be actualized until he got out of prison. God who brought him out and promoted him is about to deliver and promote you. The very place where the devil plans to humiliate you is the place where God will honour you. God elevated Joseph in the very land of Egypt where he suffered as a slave and prisoner. God will honour you in this very land. What is truth?” (Jn. 18:38). This is the question that Pilate the Roman Governor of Judea cynically and sarcastically asked Jesus during his trial at Pilate’s Court some 2000 years ago. Jesus had responded to a question put to him by Pilate by saying: “I came into the world to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me” (Jn. 18:37). It was in response to this answer that Pilate asked Jesus what truth is. Interestingly, Jesus did not offer any reply to Pilate’s cynical question, which with the benefit of hindsight has become one of the most profound and eternally significant questions in the Bible ever posed by a pagan Roman political figure. Since then, humanity has been left to wander endlessly along the path of radically different streams of philosophical attempts to grasp the full meaning of truth. Countless volumes have been written on the meaning and nature of truth, yet humanity is still unable to put an end to Pilate’s eternal question. The whole world continues to breath Pilate’s cynicism. Some say truth is a power play, a metanarrative constructed by the elite for the purpose of controlling the ignorant masses. To some, truth is subjective to the individual world of preference and opinion. Truth is what you say it is, how you see it. Others believe truth is a collective judgment, the product of cultural consensus. Others still flatly deny the concept of truth altogether or the possibility of
10 Ways to enjoy complete freedom
1. Claim the finished work of Christ in its entirety.
2 Develop intimacy with the Lord. Constantly dwell in His presence. Love and worship Him in deep reverence. But the people that know their God shall be strong and they shall do exploits (Daniel 11: 32b).
3. Avoid sin. Keep away from door openers to the devil. Read the Ten Commandments and find out what to avoid. Keep yourself pure.
4. Avoid bad company: one that pulls you away from God and increases you tendency to disobey God.
5. Practice the truth you know. This is called faith. Miracles happen only to the believing. Doubts never produce your desired results. Stop advertising your doubts. Start celebrating your expectations of a miracle. Pay your tithes, sow seeds, practice forgiveness etc.
6. Get help. Get ministered to if you have not. A man lost his son and was experiencing a lot of difficulties and challenges. He was spending his resources and life savings also on taking care of his very sick sister. He then called a brother in church to narrate his woes. After listening to him, the brother decided it wasn’t anything he could handle himself so he referred him to me. This man obviously was under a massive satanic attack and bondage and needed help. I prayed for his liberty and his sister’s healing. I assured him that God had touched his sister and he left. A week later, he travelled home to see her completely healed. The sister told attaining truth. To ask anyone today, “What is truth?” would be to start an interestingly endless conversation.
Perhaps, it should have been obvious to Pilate that truth was standing before him, the truth he knew about the fact that Jesus had done nothing but had been unjustly brought forward for condemnation by a horde of Jewish leaders of religion who, afraid of being put out of business, mobilised an angry mob to press for the innocent man’s trial and condemnation under the false accusation of blasphemy. “Early in the morning, all the chief priests and the elders of the people came to the decision to put Jesus to death. They bound him, led him away and handed him over to Pilate, the governor” (Mt. 27:1-2). When Pilate dismissed the charges brought against Jesus and seemed determined to let him go, the Jews pressed all the more for his conviction: “We have a law, and according to that law he must die because he claimed to be the Son of God” (Jn. 19:7). The matrix of this unjust condemnation is that it sealed to avert a political uprising. The Jewish leaders were determined to foment trouble and create mayhem in Jerusalem, one that would put Pilate’s job at risk and earn him the ire of the Roman Emperor Caesar. It was thus out of political expediency that Pilate condemned Jesus to death. “When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. ‘I am innocent of this him how she had been dreaming of seeing dead people until she dreamt and saw a pastor praying for her and assuring her that God had replaced life with death. She woke up feeling well and got completely healed before the brother arrived.
The woman with the issue of blood met Jesus. Israel needed Moses. You may need someone. There are certain levels of ministration you cannot do for yourself. You need an experienced and anointed person to unravel mysteries concerning your situation as well as the solution.
7. Watch Your Tongue. Never give permission to your enemies through your words. Proverbs 18: 21 tells us that “death and life are in the power of the tongue.” Some turn their tongues against themselves. Jesus used His tongue effectively-He cast out demons with His Words, he calmed the raging storms, He silenced His enemies, and He healed with His words. He reigned with His mouth. “Where the word of a king is, there is power.” (Ecclesiastes 8:4). I asked that we call down fire into the foundation of our lives for a release from whatsoever had held us in captivity during the one All-Night. The following day a sister received a phone call from the village that one of her uncles that had been tormenting her in the dream hung himself at about 3.00am, the exact time we released the fire. Until you speak nothing happens.
Learn to resist the devil whenever he shows up with anything in your life that is contrary to the word of God. Realize that opposition is proof of your progress. It is not enough to defend yourself, you must be ready to take the battle to the enemy. Learn man’s blood,’ he said. ‘It is your responsibility!’” (Mt. 27:24). Thus he absolved himself of blame.
If this truth was Jesus was innocent was not enough to persuade Pilate, it should have been obvious to him that his question was redundant in the face of Jesus. He was asking about truth from the Truth. During his public ministry, Jesus had said, “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (Jn. 14:6). As such, the Truth was standing before Pilate when he uttered that cynical question. He did not need to ask. He only needed to apprehend it and to contemplate it. This is where Christians of all ages have pitched their tent in reply to Pilate’s question. Jesus came to show us the way to the Father, to teach us the truth about God and to give us abundant life. He taught this truth about God by pointing to himself not just as the messenger of truth but also as Truth Himself. When Philip said to Jesus, “Lord, show us the Father and we shall be satisfied” (Jn. 14:8), Jesus replied: “Have I been with you for so long and you still do not know me? To have seen me is to have seen the Father… Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?” (Jn. 14:9-10).
So what is truth? Truth is that which is consistent with the mind, will, character, glory and being of God. Even more to the point, truth is the self-expression of God. Because this definition of truth flows from God, truth has a theological character. The Old Testament refers to the Almighty as the “God of truth” (Deut. 32:4; Ps. 31:5; Is. 65:16). When Jesus said of himself, “I am the Truth” (Jn. 14:6), he was making a profound claim about his own divinity, but also about his to use the weapons in the word of God. 1Pe 5:9, “Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.” Jas 4:7, “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” A brother gave a testimony of a strange experience one night. At about 3am one night, light went off and the brother who was awake, lit a candle and almost immediately, light was restored. He saw a frog on his son who was sleeping. He alerted his wife and they got hold of the frog. They decided to burn it. They then poured anointing oil on it before burning it. Just then the frog spoke with a human voice and said, “Don’t burn me.” That frog came on a mission for that child but it was aborted. The brother said that fear came on him at first but he summoned courage and burned the frog. Next time they come to your house they will be exposed and destroyed in Jesus name.
8. Employ the weapon of praise. Praise is your verbal and physical response to the greatness of God. Music…singing…worship…create an atmosphere for miracles. You are responsible for the climate you permit around you. The atmosphere you permit determines the product you produce. David’s music and worship cast devils out of King Saul. To enjoy continuous deliverance, make praise a permanent feature of your life.
9. Develop a hunger for the TRUTH: the Word of God. Only those who hunger and thirst after righteousness get filled. Pour the word over your mind daily. Until you prosper in your soul, you cannot prosper in your life. You cannot have own equal dignity in the Godhead. After all, he is the brightness of God’s glory and the perfect copy of his image (Heb. 1:3). Jesus is the truth incarnate; he is the perfect embodiment of God and the expression of all that is true. Jesus also taught that the written word of God is truth. It does not merely contain principles of truth, but is truth itself, which “cannot be broken” (Jn. 10:35). In his high priestly prayer, Jesus implored the Father to consecrate his disciples in the truth: “Sanctify them by your truth. Your word is truth” (Jn. 17:17). Moreover, the word of God is eternal truth “which lives forever” (1 Pt. 1:23).
There can be no discord between the written Word of God and the incarnate Word of God, because truth cannot contradict itself. Truth is both the message and the selfexpression of Jesus. As such, truth cannot be adequately explained, recognised, understood or defined without reference to its source - God, the Author of Truth. Even when Jesus promised to send “the Spirit of truth” (Jn. 14:17) to his disciples, he did not say that the Spirit would bring new truths. On the contrary, he will bring enlightenment, helping the disciples to understand clearly and to clarify what they have already been taught by the Truth Himself: “But the Counsellor, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you” (Jn. 14:26). The post-Pentecost events in the life of the Apostles and of the early Church bear the truth of this enlightenment. As such, Jesus remains the unchanging reference point for appropriating divine epistemology. He is the Fountain of sound results if you do not practice sound principles. Good things may happen once in a while to an ignorant person but a man of understanding enjoys constant dominion. Many are in the house but they do not know what is in the house. One of the things the anointing does is to teach us. 1John 2:27. Your understanding is your qualification for promotion. Sound knowledge is your access to unlimited supply. Many believers are illiterate in spiritual and financial education. As a result, they take wrong decisions and end up with wrong results. Wisdom is your passport to your Promised Land.
10. Pay your tithe faithfully and regularly. Also support the spread of the Gospel with your financial seeds.
Why are people incapacitated even after deliverance ministration? The greatest cause of bondage is lack of knowledge.
The Bible says, “They know not; neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.” (Psalm 82:5 - 7).
You can be free from demons but if you are ignorant of the principles and fall short in the practices, you will not prosper. That is why the Bible says, You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free (John 8:32).
Seek for help today and you will enjoy freedom. Truth.
When a society denies and tries to supress the essential connection between God and truth, it turns itself over to become a plaything in the hands of dangerous evil forces. The permissiveness we find in our society today is the result of this fundamental disjunction. When this happens, even knowledge becomes dangerous and poisonous, as are the ghastly ideologies of the last century that systematically decimated human lives in the name of progress. This is obvious in the fundamental moral distortions that are also taking place today between good and evil, right and wrong. Elaborate epistemologies have been proposed and methodically debunked one after another - like a long chain in which every previous link is broken. After thousands of years, the very best of human philosophers, from Plato, Socrates to Descartes, Hegel, Locke Kant, Nietzsche, and Marx have all utterly failed to account for truth and the origin of human knowledge apart from God. What is clear today is the valuable lesson from the past that it is impossible to make sense of truth without acknowledging God as the necessary starting point. This has fundamental implications for social, political and cultural life. The statement of Carl Friedrich von Weizsacker, cited by Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger in his 1995 book, The Nature and Mission of Theology deserves to be repeated here: “I maintain that in the long run only a truth-oriented society, not a happiness-oriented society, can succeed.”