Aussie play­ers mull boy­cott of Bangladesh trip

Muscat Daily - - AUTO NEWS -

Syd­ney, Aus­tralia - Aus­tralia’s se­nior play­ers have voted to boy­cott next month's tour of Bangladesh un­less their long-run­ning pay dis­pute with Cricket Aus­tralia (CA) is set­tled be­fore they leave, re­ports said on Mon­day.

Cap­tain Steve Smith and vice-cap­tain David Warner at­tended an undis­closed meet­ing with Aus­tralian Crick­eters' As­so­ci­a­tion (ACA) chief ex­ec­u­tive Alas­tair Ni­chol­son to con­sider their op­tions af­ter a break­down in the talks with CA last week.

The Aus­tralian news­pa­per said the play­ers discussed a range of op­tions, in­clud­ing go­ing ahead with the Bangladesh tour un­der a spe­cial con­trac­tual ar­range­ment.

But they re­solved to stand by the res­o­lu­tions reached at a pre­vi­ous meet­ing and refuse to take part in any tours un­less there is a new mem­o­ran­dum of un­der­stand­ing (MoU) in place. The play­ers are en­ter­ing their fourth week of un­em­ploy­ment since the fail­ure to reach a new agree­ment on pay at the end of June.

The squad voted to at­tend the train­ing camp in Dar­win on August 10 but will not leave for Bangladesh a week later un­less an agree­ment is reached, the news­pa­per said.

The first match of the twoTest se­ries was due to start ten days later.

The Aus­tralia A squad went through a sim­i­lar process be­fore aban­don­ing the tour to South Africa ear­lier this month.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Oman

© PressReader. All rights reserved.