Djokovic to miss rest of 2017 season
Belgrade, Serbia - Twelve-time Grand Slam champion Novak Djokovic will miss the rest of the season with an elbow injury, he announced on Wednesday.
The 30 year old Serb was forced to retire from his Wimbledon quarterfinal against Tomas Berdych earlier this month because of the problem, and will now sit out of next month's US Open. In a live Facebook video post from Belgrade, the former world No 1 said that after suffering from the injury for a year-and-a-half, he had "made a decision to not play any competition, any tournaments" for the rest of 2017.
"Unfortunately this is the decision that had to be made at this moment. Wimbledon was probably the toughest tournament for me in terms of feeling the pain that has escalated," he said.