Sindh card no longer bargains chip with PPP
MULTAN— Vice Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI), Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Saturday said he would prove in the upcoming election the Sindh card was no longer with the Pakistan Peoples Party as it had created severe deprivation among people of the province.
Talking telephonically to APP, the PTI senior leader said he had submitted nomination papers for NA-208 (Umar Kot-I) to expose the popularity of the last government. He said he had entered Sindh politics to change it. He said he had been a staunch supporter of the federation and wanted to introduce the spirit in the politics of Sindh.
He said he would contest election on three constituencies including NA150, NA-148 (Multan) and NA-208 (Umar Kot). He said except leaders whose constituencies were confirmed, the PTI had not finalised the list of candidates to take part in election. Only a special board will shortlist candidates, he concluded.
Earlier, talking to a private tv news channel during a talk-show Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) Shah Mehmood Qureshi said that PTI cheif Imran khan pointed out the security reservations while meeting with caretaker Chief Minister of Punjab Najam Sethi and he admitted that the security threats exist and government will overcome these challenges.
Qureshi said that any political party can’t afford such arrangement alone to meet the security risks within the limited resources, especially PTI which have very limited resources.
All political parties should aware the candidates about security precautionary measures besides following the cod of conduct, he said. Responding to a question, Qureshi said there are few candidates who can afford bullet proof vans during election campaign while majority of the candidates can’t afford this. Conduct of peaceful polls will be a great challenge for government, l aw enforcing agencies and all the political parties, he added.—APP