Cen­tre spon­sors dev projects in all prov­inces ex­cept KP: Khat­tak

Pakistan Observer - - NATIONAL - STAFF RE­PORTER

Pe­shawar—The Chief Min­is­ter Khy­ber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khat­tak has de­clared that construction work of Chasma lift Canal Project will be ini­ti­ated in the next fi­nan­cial year at a cost of Rs.121 bil­lion which will ir­ri­gate 246140 acre of land and ben­e­fit 0.25 mil­lion pop­u­la­tion of the area. This he said while talk­ing to the elected rep­re­sen­ta­tives of the south­ern dis­tricts of the prov­ince at CM House Thurs­day.

Se­nior Pro­vin­cial Min­is­ter for Ir­ri­ga­tion Sikan­dar Hayat Khan Sher­pao, Pro­vin­cial Min­is­ter for Rev­enue Ali Amin Gan­da­pur, Spe- cial As­sis­tant for Trans­port Ma­lik Shah Muham­mad Wazir, MPA Iht­e­sham, Sec­re­tary ir­ri­ga­tion Akhter Rasheed and fo­cal per­son chasma lift canal Muham­mad Iqbal Khalil present on the oc­ca­sion.

Com­ment­ing on Chasma lift Canal Project the CM said that the much-de­layed project was made pos­si­ble due to the uni­fied strug­gle of the par­lia­men­tary lead­ers of var­i­ous par­ties of the prov­ince. ‘It was the col­lec­tive strug­gle of the pro­vin­cial po­lit­i­cal lead­er­ship of the prov­ince which com­pelled the coun­cil of com­mon in­ter­est to ap­prove the 15 years long stand­ing project’, he re­marked. He went on to say af­ter com­ple­tion of the project the prov­ince will be in a po­si­tion to utilize its due share of water.

He fur­ther said that fed­eral gov­ern­ment had spon­sored dif­fer­ent projects in the rest of three prov­inces of the coun­tries while Khy­ber Pakhtunkhwa was re­mained de­prived of any such de­vel­op­men­tal projects funded by the fed­eral gov­ern­ment. He in­formed that two years long and con­sis­tent strug­gle of the pro­vin­cial gov­ern­ment had made ap­proval of the project pos­si­ble. The CM said that re­sources would be al­lo­cated for the project in the com­ing fis­cal year to ini­ti­ate work on it.

He clar­i­fied that ac­cord­ing to the agree­ment the pro­vin­cial gov­ern­ment would pro­vide 35% re­sources for the project while the rest 65% will be funded by the fed­eral gov­ern­ment. Giv­ing de­tail of the project, the CM said that pro­vin­cial ir­ri­ga­tion depart­ment would ex­e­cute and mon­i­tor the project as well.

The Chief Min­is­ter di­rected for speed­ing of prepara­tory ar­range­ments for the project to en­sure its ex­e­cu­tion next year. The Chief Min­is­ter said that the project would pro­vide em­ploy­ment op­por­tu­ni­ties to the peo­ple of the area. He in­formed that Chama lift Canal would have a ca­pac­ity of 2613-cusec water.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Pakistan

© PressReader. All rights reserved.