Two killed in Quetta blast

Pakistan Observer - - INTERNATIONAL - RE­PORTER

STAFF QUETTA—Two per­sons were killed, five in­jured in blast near Balochis­tan Univer­sity in here on Tues­day.

Talk­ing to me­dia, Balochis­tan Home Min­is­ter Sar­faraz Bugti con­firmed the in­ci­dent.

“The at­tack tar­geted a check-post in which two po­lice per­son­nel lost their lives while five more are in­jured, in­clud­ing three po­lice per­son­nel,” he said. “The in­jured have been shifted to the hos­pi­tal and bomb dis­posal squad is car­ry­ing out in­ves­ti­ga­tion of the blast,” the home min­is­ter added. How­ever, he de­clined to dis­close any fur­ther de­tail.

The out­lawed Tehreek-eTal­iban Pak­istan claimed re­spon­si­bil­ity for the at­tack.

“The TTP’s special unit MSG tar­geted the po­lice through IED,” the TTP spokesper­son said in a state­ment.

On May 3, at least five Rapid Re­sponse Group (RRG) per­son­nel, in­clud­ing an of­fi­cer, were in­jured as their ve­hi­cle had come un­der at­tack by a road­side bomb in East­ern By­pass area of Quetta.

Last month, a fa­ther and his son were also killed in a land­mine blast in the Lehri area of Sibi. The in­ci­dent oc­curred when a mo­tor­bike ran over a land­mine in the Goth Ab­dul Ghafoor neigh­bour­hood, re­sult­ing in a huge blast, the Levies forces said in a state­ment.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Pakistan

© PressReader. All rights reserved.